i had trouble in the beginning. i kept adding extra "spokes" when i joined my rounds and started the new round. i went into ravelry to check out everyone else's hats, and saw that i was suppose to be maintaining the 15 spokes. special note: it's awfully frustrating when one cannot figure out a pattern when over 400 nitwits have already done it ! i often think there is even less continuity in writing crochet patterns than knitting patterns.
but once i got rolling, the pattern became a virtually mindless project, allowing me to watch more episodes of heroes. there's nothing like acrylique and superhuman powers!
i was quite impressed with how pretty this hat turned out. i love the swirling spiral, and the stitch definition with this cheap cheap yarn is fabulous.
so, what next? well ... make another one .... but this time, i wanted to do something different. i have long been curious about the camouflage yarns. lots of times in crochet, ombre type yarns crochet up with horrible flashing ... and they're not that much better knitted.
as it turns out, this too made a very nice hat. i was surprised that the yarn didn't hide the stitch pattern, and still maintained that splotchy camouflage look.
i only managed one picture of me wearing one of the hats because ... self portraits are kinda hard w/o a tripod ... and i got tired of being on display for all the onlookers in their cars, waiting for the light to turn green.
yarn: red heart's soft yarn in colorway "dark leaf"
yarn: bernat's camouflage in colorway "mash"
both hats: divine hat crocheted with J hook for the body, and H hook for the "ribbing".