the first, a sock.
it's "leftover" month over at sock knitter's anonymous on ravelry. i'm not knitting along with the group, as the pattern i've chose will not count for the sockdown (this pattern is considered "vanilla" … too simple, all in stockinette).
but i wanted to work on something relatively mindless, and use up some of my leftover sock yarns.
the pattern is called blender socks. essentially, it's just a blending sequence of changing from one color of yarn to another. i'm using various self striping and self patterning yarns to make this pair of "monster socks".
then i decided my new sock needed a new bag. i have lots of sock bags, and lots of fabric.
i've been searching online for a tutorial to make a project bag with a square bottom, and finally settled on this tutorial.
i followed the exact way it was made by malin, with the exception of me making my channel at the top a bit more narrow.
i like that it stands up with the square bottom, but i think it needs to be taller. it's plenty roomy for a sock project, but i think proportionally it looks kinda squatty when the drawstring is cinched.
and i would like to add a loop or something on the outside so i could hang it from a belt loop or something. next time ….
the lining fabric i used is white ripstop nylon. i like to use it as a liner, as it's slippery for the yarn to roll freely. also, it helps keep knitting needles from pushing through the fabric.