Tuesday, August 02, 2016

knitting tee's

Untitled


I have been knitting ... mostly sweaters though. I was at the beach all of last week, and of course took along way more yarn than I could possibly knit, but I like having options.

Untitled


I started this top (it's the Liaison tee) last Wednesday. It's been in my queue for a bit, and I wanted to try out the Knitpicks Cotlin Dk yarn. It's a pretty fast knit too. I'm well into my 4th ball of yarn and the top only takes 5 balls (for my size).

I should finish this by the weekend. My goal today is to finish the back (this is a bottom up in the round top, then separate for front and back with a 3 needle bind off at shoulders, then the neck and arms are finished in ribbing). All that remains is the back, and finishing.

Yesterday I wore a new outfit. I participated in a ravelry OAL (outfit-a-long) in the Untangling Knots group. The idea was to knit (or crochet) a garment piece and sew a corresponding piece to complete the outfit.

I chose to knit the official top (Zinone) and sew a skirt.

Untitled


Untitled


The "official" yarn for the top is Quince & Co Sparrow. It's a really really nice linen. But, I was determined to knit from stash, and used a fine substitute ... KP's Lindy Chain.

Untitled


The skirt is called Bristol, and is from the online sewing magazine Seamwork. The magazine has a $6/month subscription, and each month they publish a new magazine and 2 new patterns. Each month, I get 2 credits to apply to a download of a pattern. One pattern is 1 credit. I enjoy the articles too.

I'm not so sure if I'd make the skirt again ... but I definitely see myself making a 2nd Zinone top!










4 comments:

elns said...

Your Zinone is really fabulous. Great fit. The whole concept of an Outfit Along is kind of crazy amazing. (I don't sew so you see where my incredulity comes from)

I've never knit a garment in cotton before, but you're knitting cotton with linen and I do love linen! Excited to see the finish.

Geraldine said...

Great outfit, nice work, love your photos!😀

Blog27999 said...

Strange "water hack" burns 2 lbs overnight

Over 160,000 men and women are trying a simple and secret "water hack" to burn 1-2lbs each night while they sleep.

It's painless and works on everybody.

This is how to do it yourself:

1) Go get a glass and fill it up half glass

2) And then use this proven HACK

so you'll be 1-2lbs skinnier the very next day!

Blog27999 said...

If you're looking to lose pounds then you have to get on this brand new custom keto meal plan.

To produce this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and cooks have united to provide keto meal plans that are productive, suitable, price-efficient, and delightful.

From their launch in early 2019, 1000's of individuals have already transformed their body and health with the benefits a proper keto meal plan can give.

Speaking of benefits; in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-proven ones offered by the keto meal plan.