Saturday, December 15, 2007

single socken

one thing i really love about the hedgerow sock pattern is the fabulous texture! one thing i don't love about it is it's kinda monotonous to knit. it's easy to memorize, but it's not mindless.


on my trip, i managed to finish one of the socks. i even started the mate ! (gasp !)


... but, i knitted the foot too short ... so, after i finish the mate i'm going to rip out the toe of this sock and knit the foot longer.

it's very pretty, and fits great (minus the short foot), and i love the semi-solidness of the the yarn ((araucania ranco, (semi-) solid)).

well, christmas is in 10 days. perhaps i should do something about that (i haven't made nor purchased anything for anyone ... yet). hmmm .....

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Ooh pretty. Interesting rib pattern.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! I LOVE the pattern name....*hedge*row sock pattern. Foot too short? hmmm....how short is this masterpiece mistake? Hmmmm..

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are the sock knitting queen! I need to knit them as quickly as you do. Gotta finish my dad's socks by thursday. They are using the red and black Jitterbug I bought at Great Yarns. He wears a size 11, so I'm making the heels and toes black in order to stretch the yarn. Wish me luck...
Ang

Anonymous said...

Love the red beautiful socken!!!!
I might have possibly purchased a little tinsy present for you yesterday while shopping at a yarn store in NY....supposedly this little gift is hot off the shelves! I'll let you decide if that is true.
miss you,
troll

Stacey said...

you started the second????? gasp!!! love the semi-solid...so pretty!