Friday, December 11, 2009

a quick fix

i was knitting on some socks for one of my kal's ... but they're not working out. i needed a little "ego boost", so i decided to knit some mindless socks.

(truth be told, i came home to visit with a few of my vacation days. i did not pack lots of projects, books, magazines, yarn, etc, as i usually do. i told myself i was going to work on one pair of socks, and crochet on my hexagon blanket the entire time. well ...when that one pair of socks was not working out, i needed an emergency project. we made a mad dash a couple of towns over, and bought some craft store socken yarn. and let me tell you, it is SO worth it.)

mom's toasted almond socks

next time, i won't be stupid and think i can survive with so few choices. i'd rather drag home a suitcase of supplies, than limit myself.

but, i am liking this yarn very much. it's red heart & sole sock yarn in the colorway 'toasted almond'. i have some solids in my stash, but this is the first time working with this yarn. so far, so good.

mom really likes them, so i'm making them mom-sized. i finished the first sock in two days, and cast on the mate last night. it seems that the mate is knitting up same as the first, stripes and all.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

I have the same socks on my needles right now. For Red Heart yarn.. the sock yarn is pretty nice!

Hepsi said...

Mindless socks are sometimes just a really good choice. =) Yours are lovely!