Friday, August 18, 2006

freestyle

have you seen this book? do you like freeform knitting & crochet ... and virtually anything from prudence mapstone? i picked this up at my LYS today. i just had to have it. i don't plan of doing this any time soon, ... but i figure when i do want to explore these techniques more that i won't be able to find this book. i already have an earlier book of hers too ....






i got two copies of this book a couple of years ago ... one for me and one for a friend. it's fantastic ! it covers most of the basics, in a striking artistic format.




and this is one i don't have, but wish i did ....

anyhoo, go and check out prudence mapstone's webpage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love freeform! Although I've never actually "made" anything from it, I love the process. I blogged about it early on in my blogging career and there's actually a picture of a "scrumble" I did in the post right above it (go to my May archives to view it). I ADORE Prudence Mapstone's work, but again I can't say that I'd really ever wear anything like what she makes. A bag would be great... and I'd love to do a whole afghan from freeform... so yeah, LOVE it!

handknit168 said...

This freeform book is excellent and beautiful (from the cover).