Saturday, April 11, 2009

girl gansey socks

it's funny how i forget to post some things here. i think it's because i have already posted the pictures and information elsewhere (ie: flickr and ravelry) that i forget to share it here as well.

girl gansey socks

yay for finished socks! i wore these yesterday, and i finished them two days ago.
i'm calling them my girl gansey socks, but anne hanson (the designer) calls them the lighthouse gansey socks. the pattern is sized for a man. i am a tighter knitter than anne, so 64 sts on 2.25mm fits me quite well.

yesterday was dark and stormy, the perfect day for wearing these socks.

the yarn is regia's 4-ply color

4 comments:

Mouse said...

Pretty.. I love the colors! While I really do like the way handpainted yarn looks in the skein.. I prefer to knit with things that are dyed like this Regia - so that it doesn't pool.

turtlegirl76 said...

Is that sockotta? I like the colors. The socks look really cozy.

stringplay said...

I *love* how these came out. I made Panda Wool Roza's after seeing yours and now I want to make these. Gee. I hope you think imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Anonymous said...

dark and stormy would be a perfect day to wear your lighthouse socks! They came out great, and I really like that color