and i finished yesterday (a whole day ahead of the deadline).
the socks are an odd pair. all the decreases lean in the same direction, so the fabric biases. i can get over that, but it also means i have to pay a bit more attention when putting them on so they're not all twisted.
i do love this yarn. it's opal handpainted. i found it at a ben franklin store in a small town about two years ago. i've wanted to knit it for awhile, but never found the right pattern. i cannot say this IS the right pattern (as the colorful splotches obscure the lace pattern) but it's certainly good enough.
so, i've finally had success with a wendy johnson pattern. perhaps there is hope. maybe now i can quit fantasizing about converting her patterns to cuff down. maybe.
yarn: opal handpainted in greens
needles: 2mm for first part of foot, 2.25mm for rest of sock
pattern: wendy johnson's seaweed socks
size: size medium at a smaller gauge