Wednesday, January 16, 2008

i'm working on it ....


i am actually about 1/2 through the second sleeve. i knit on the sweater whenever i have time. unfortunately, a good part of today will be full of errands and tasks, but i might sneak in a row or two of knitting.


the yarn i'm using is a blast from the past (from the depths of my stash)(gotta love stash !), classic elite's rockland cotton. it's a heavy worsted cabled egyptian cotton, and my gauge is 4 sts/inch on 5.5mm needles. though this sweater may turn out a bit beastly, i'm going to wear it anyways!


someday (soon i hope) it will look like rowan's rosehip from _the summer tweed collection_.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That fabric looks awesome, this sweater is going to be a great one.

Stacey said...

I like that sweater - reminds me of the shape of Raspy from Denim People - also on my to knit list!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* shopping from the stash. its a wonderful thing!
*L* The owner of the new LYS that opened up near me told me that she had never heard of a stash before I told her the yarn I was buying was sure to marinate in mine for a bit! (she also had never heard of blogging... but I'm used to hearing that!)