Wednesday, July 09, 2008

sunshine socken

chevrons ....

when you finally figure out a pattern (not the stitch as much as the relationship of yarn/needles/gauge) it then falls under your repertoire of mindless knitting.

that's what the jaywalker (ravelry link) has become.


an aside: if you have not gone and signed up for ravelry, go and do that now. it's a data base, and an incredible resource for knitters and crocheters.

i have only completed one pair, though i have knitted many jaywalkers. but, i have figured out that, for me, using size 2.5mm needles, knitting the smallest size, and doing an extra set of double decreases on the foot only, fits my foot perfectly.

the yarn pictured is lion brand's new sock ease in colorway lemon drop 204. i picked it up at a hobby lobby for $6.94/ball. someone asked me how i liked it ... so far, it knits like any other basic wool/nylon commercial socken yarn. i have had some issues with splittiness, but i could blame the yarn or all the old movies i've been watching on TCM.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

very sunshine-y color!!!

jackie said...

too many jaywalkers! lol. perhaps you only repeat patterns when they are SOCK patterns... or maybe i have been a bad influence with my tendancy to re-knit the same things over and over. heh.

Anonymous said...

I like the colors in that yarn. I hadn't seen it before, but I'll have to see if I can find it next time I go to Michaels or AC Moore.
Ang