Sunday, October 04, 2009

socks for the fall

it's not officially fall yet, but i've experienced some mornings that have been on the cooler side of brrr !

in my sock knitting (ravelry) kal's, it's getting harder to consider knitting a sock with a lace pattern. my most recent cast on is solid, but still with a textural interest ....

autumn starflower socks

i love this combination! this yarn was bought by my buddy corbett a couple years ago at rhinebeck. the yarn came without labels, so who knows what the fiber content is (i'm guessing superwash wool)(though, i will handwash, because guessing is not good enough) ... yardage, or anything !

what i do know, ... i have 2 50 gram hanks, and it's pretty. so, i am knitting toe up, as to not worry about running out of yarn. i am knitting jeannie cartmel's starflower socks. her pattern is rather "loose", so i'm essentially using her chart, and will decide soon about the heel construction. she uses a shortrow heel ... but i don't like for my socks to feel tight across the instep, so i'll be using some form of a gusset heel w/flap construction.

the stitch pattern isn't very elastic. it fits fine now on my skinny foot, but i might have to go up a needle size when i begin my gusset increases.

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh cool patterning! It's great with that yarn! Whatever it is. =)

Anonymous said...

ok, i don't know if its because you don't know what brand it is, or because I'm in love with the colors and the striping, however your sock is coming along WONDERFULLY! I love it, and it just might be the perfect striping!

Hepsi said...

Ooooh, how beautiful! Love it! =)

Anonymous said...

Once again, the sock queen rocks!

Nik said...

You will be proud to know that I have started knitting socks *yay*. I LOVE the yellow dye job you did below. and the pearls are lovely!