Tuesday, April 09, 2013

the pink needles ...

... oh, and the yellow haze. spring is definitely here. yesterday, i thought i saw a hint of pollen on my truck. but today, ... it was quite obvious.

i only bring this up because when i got home, i wanted to take pictures of my bias scarf & the cool vintage needles i'm using on it.

i took my stuff outside, to the picnic bench, and had to blow off the pollen. of course, i didn't realize how much pollen was on this outdoor furniture, until after i had sat in it. ugh.

anyways ... here's one of my cute project bags!

IMG_2191.jpg

i got this bag a year or so ago, when i was participating in a group that does swaps (the danger crafts group on ravelry).

i grabbed it this morning, and shoved my project inside (i like for my project bag & yarn to kinda match).

IMG_1179.jpg

now, my project isn't that "huge", the bag is petite (for socks and mini-monsters). the measurement on the bottom long edge is about 6".

my needles are longer than the bag, but fit nicely on the diagonal.

IMG_0601.jpg

and here's what i've been lovin' ... the PINK NEEDLES !!! i have no idea how old they are, but they're clearly vintage. and they knit like a dream.

i got them years ago, probably when i bought a random lot of needles off of ebay, or maybe from a yard sale, or thrift store --- i don't remember.

IMG_0841.jpg

now, this is just me playing with all the fun photo apps (via befunky on my iphone, and aviary in flickr).


No comments: