Monday, February 20, 2006



i still have hookin' on my mind. the swanky hat, from debbie stoller's new book, is crocheted with lion brand cotton. i checked the yarn out today at hancocks, and can't say that any of the colors spoke to me. i bet some cotton fleece will speak to me! see the hooks? i've been slowly, week to week, with coupons in hand, building up my clover crochet hook collection. these hooks really are more comfortable than my old standard aluminum hooks.


yep! that's what santa brought for me today (thanks santa!!!!)... sally melville's new book on color! i'm saving this baby for some bedtime reading. i did cheat earlier, and paged through rather quickly.


i've often stayed away from patterns that involve a lot of color, as i'm not proficient in intarsia, stranding, or mosaic knitting. this book offers tons of inspiration and instruction. now, which project first? the shoulder bag or tea cozy?


a buttonhole. not just an ordinary buttonhole, but one demo'd yesterday at my machine knitting meeting. teena brought her machine and demonstrated six different buttonholes. this one was the most time consuming, and most professional looking, as it's knitted with a facing. WOW! call me a geek, but you should really see this buttonhole in person!

in other knitting news, my jo sharp throw is in a heap on my sofa, begging for me to knit the last two borders. my noro butterfly is waiting for me to stop stalling and finish a sleeve! i'm stalled because i'm not sure how long my sleeve should be. lot's of cyberknitters had problems with the sleeves turning out too long. i think i should just consult ann budd on this one.

No comments: