Wednesday, September 13, 2006

don't be like me !

i started knitting these socks yesterday, and only got as far as the ribbing. i figured it was a good place to stop, because i just didn't get the instructions on color changes. i had misread the instructions! i thought "k first st of rnd with both the old color and new color" meant knit the entire round that way ! i think we can blame that big ole wine bottle in the previous post for an error in judgement ?

so, once my head was clear ... at 4am this morning .... i got back on track with my beautiful pippi kneestocking ....



i have about 10" of leg knitted. i have not tried the sucker on. don't ask why (and now i'm afraid that if i do it might not fit!)(but i'm on gauge, so i'm not really worried)(really!). i'm just enjoying the speed of knitting a sock on such few stitches with size 3 dpns. after i finish the stripe i'm on, i will have two more stripes to knit before the heel.

edit: i'm sitting here at my computer, with my sock on! and it fits! i love it even more now !

8 comments:

Saun said...

It's looking good. What yarn are you using?

gray la gran said...

the yarn is brown sheep nature spun sport wt. it's the yarn the pattern calls for. i got it down at bella filati.

Jenna said...

I'm shocked that you had better judgement at 4AM then at otehr times, wine or not.

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I love the colors.

gray la gran said...

.... well, i had gone to bed before 9:30pm! and sometimes,i can't sleep. wide awake! it's a good time to knit, while things are so quiet.

Tania A said...

Oooh. Pretty!

NostalgicKnot said...

I love your crochet potholders! They are so cute. I want to pick up my hooks and crochet now!

Anonymous said...

wow you are really flying! I love the colors that you picked out. Yay! It fits! Thank goodness!