Monday, June 01, 2009

sock addiction




it is way past my bedtime, but i just wanted to post these socks. i am in love with this pattern! it's wanida from _sock innovation_ and i'm using my archangel malabrigo socken yarn. the color is crazy. so. much. color. the yarn is soft and yummy.

but the pattern ... i love its simplicity. it's almost mindless, with nice little rest rounds alternating with pattern rounds. i can definitely see myself knitting this again - which i will try not to do, as sometimes that "spoils" it for me.

i am on the gusset of the mate, so this is soon to be a pair.

6 comments:

ruthee... said...

Holey mackerel! The yarn works SO well with the pattern. The short color repeats really are stunning. I might have to move that one up in my queue.

barefoot rooster said...

this is gorgeous! it is settled. i must acquire the cookie a book. truly lovely.

Cathy said...

My cookie a book should finally be arriving tomorrow! Your socks have been such an inspiration; I can't wait to get my hands on this book. :-)

Walden said...

Absolutely love that yarn in that pattern! Socks are looking great!

pat said...

So pretty in this beautiful Malabrigo colorway - That close up picture is GORGEOUS!

Jennie said...

oh wow, what pretty colorway!! And that is one super awesome looking pattern too. Just love it all!!