Thursday, February 15, 2007

and the conversation goes like this ....

mom: what are you doing?

me: knitting (duh!).

mom: are you working on my socks ?

me: no.

mom: are you making another orphan ?

me: ummm ... maybe ....











i am trying to be good. it's not easy. i guess that's why they call it virtue. my goal this morning was to finish this sock. well, that's not going to happen until tonight.

i want to get this pair finished before the end of the month, as this sock(s) is my submission for socktopia. i'm using two different shades of koigu, a variegated and a semi-solid. i don't know the color numbers for either, as i've either A. lost the labels or B. can't read the numbers on the labels. i don't mind having leftovers in koigu either, as i think the leftovers would be great for some future gloves or motifs for a blankie.

oh, the theme for these socks is "short & sweet". they're not exactly short, but they're certainly sweet (i could say they're short because they're not knee-hi and koigu has crappy yardage).

sock specs: 64 sts, us size 1 1/2 needles (knitpicks dpns), koigu (2 variegated, 1 semi-solid for cuff, heels, and toes), 2 x 2 rib cuff, and an eyelet rib for the body.

12 comments:

Allegra said...

OMG I just LOVE that sock!!!!

sgeddes said...

I love the colors is those socks! Great choice! I hope it becomes a pair and not an orphan.

Maybe you can have hold an adopt a single sockathon.

Jenna said...

Nothing can beat a koigu socks for beauty, and these are no exception. I'm sure the colors and lovely feel of the yarn are heloing to motivate you to finish this submission.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors. I hope you get them done and feel Virtuous. :)
HOlly

Anonymous said...

These are so gorgeous that I can't imagine you would get bored and put them down, unfinished.
Could you?

Beth S. said...

That colorway is good enough to eat! Mmmmmmm! :-)

Liz K. said...

OK, that is a beautiful koigu colorway. If I were your daughter, I'd want them too.

jackie said...

she seems to keep getting stalled on the toes, jan! what's up with that, D? finish that thing so i can steal/check it out on sunday. :)

gray la gran said...

no! no! i won't abandon or stray ... ! really !

Alisha said...

Those are going to be so awesome.

I love the colors!

Kelly said...

I'm not a fan of Koigu but those colors look pretty.

PCR said...

The colors in the Koigu are fabulous!
Don't worry about making orphans. Just think about how quickly you'll have a pair when you do get around to making the mate.