Thursday, February 22, 2007

a very good morning

after not knitting on a certain sock for many months, my interest was renewed. i cast on this baby back in november.


i'd forgotten how much fun it is to repeat a lace chart, again and again ... progress !
and it's even more fun to finish the toe and get the fit right on the first attempt !

what else made this fun to finish this morning? well, i was perusing my bloglines, trying to catch up (which, i will never actually accomplish), and followed a link from splityarn for a podcast on stash and burn. i'm always a little late to embrace technology, but what fun it was to listen to knitters talk about their stash, projects, and a new knitting book review! it was great to just sit back and listen, as i finished the foot and toe of my sock.

specs: fibertrends pattern leaf lace socks AC-58, froehlich wolle silky baby-lambs, size 1 1/2 needles.

9 comments:

sweetfigs said...

Chica, you're bumming me out. I am still working on the Trekking 109's. I do not want to see this whole other sock coming off your needles. Woudja slow down already?

gray la gran said...

i'm so sorry! i just can't stop knitting .... it feels so good to finish these things, because then i can *reward* myself by casting on for something fresh.
chica, i have a lot of sock yarn that needs knitting !

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Also, I just love the frames you put around your pictures. It's so fresh looking and nice.

Anonymous said...

lovely sock! Great yummy berry color too. ahhh, i love getting sucked into a lace chart. once i start knitting lace i can't put it down!!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You're motivating me to finish my Leaf Lace socks, I've had them on the go since last June!!!

handknit168 said...

I like this lace pattern, it is very beautiful in socks. Can I have the stitch pattern of this lace ?

gray la gran said...

the stitch pattern is charted on the fiber trend's leaflet AC-58, leaf lace socks.
the stitch pattern is also quite common, and surely in one of the barbara walker treasury books.

scarlet said...

"I can't stop knitting." Where have I heard that before?

I feel the same way, even though I have other projects to finish, I feel like I should work on my socks because I just have so much more sock yarn to knit, and I'd like to buy more someday...

Lisa Carney said...

I want leaf socks! Have you seen the new book of 25 Interweave sock patterns? Very nice!