Wednesday, June 07, 2006

first of all, many thanks to all the nice compliments on my orange crush crocheted shawl! now that it is completed, it has led me in two different, yet related, directions ... another crochet project (the dress), and another motif project (the fishes)....





be sure to move mouse over photo


it was mom's birthday last saturday, so i went home to entertain her with my usual wine drinking, knitting and crocheting. i made these socks not so long ago, and decided they would be better off on her feet than mine. so, i'm going to have to knit another pair for myself, from my other koigu i got in maryland.

i'm not having much luck with socks these days though ... i still haven't finished the toe of my 2nd chameleon sock, and i think my elfine lace socks might need to have been knitted with a larger needle! and i'm on the ankle!

but, on a positive note, i have progress to share on my crocheted dress ....

bodice pieces complete


those pieces are for the bodice. the backs are on the left, and fronts on the right. the fronts have shaping, thus don't lie flat on the table. there are four pieces as well, but they're overlapped as they will be sewn together. here's where i'll stall a little, as the next steps involve some sewing together, gathering, and crocheting over elastic. i have already purchased my fabric to sew the under dress, or slip, for the finished dress.

and if anyone is wondering, this is silly stash ! it's soooo old ! i think i purchased it in the early 90's. so, it's safe to say the yarn diet is going well.

also, representing some very old stash ... the fishes ....

fishes


the orange was purchased new a few weeks ago, but all the other shades of cotton classic are from the late 90's. it was suppose to be a knitted dress ....

3 comments:

Leanne Pizio said...

I can not wait to see that dress! and after seeing the fabric for the underneath I think it is going to look absolutly fabulous!
Thank you for coming to visit. We both so enjoyed having you here. I promise I will come to Raleigh to visit after the show goes up.
you rock!

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so lucky! : )
Your dress is going to be fab, your off to a good start. Look at all the fishies, the orange one makes me think of Nemo!

Anonymous said...

Cute fishies! I'm thinking of making the same blanket for a friend. Your colors go together nicely.