Friday, June 30, 2006

when it rains it pours ....

more goodies in the mail!


i have been seriously showered with gifts lately! all i can say is thank you !

i have made one quilt, thus far, in my lifetime. it took me 8 years. most of that time it was stashed in a bag. when i decided to finish it, it went so quickly. i could had kicked myself for putting it off for so long.

i have been tinkering with the idea of making another quilt. what first got me the bug was checking out all the pretty things that jan over at be*mused has been piecing.

and during one of my & corbett's virtual long distance conversations, we got to talking about denyse schmidt. her book has been on my amazon wish list for some time now. and wouldn't you know, that i got a box today with her book (and it's autographed !!!)(it says, "to denise from denyse" !) and a fat bag of scraps! WHOOO HOOOO !

OH! what to make first?! there are lots of smaller projects included in the book, such as coasters, an oven mitt, and some super cute slippers. i want to make something with the scraps first. i think i need to spend my weekend in my sewing room .....

thank you corbett ! thank you denyse !

3 comments:

Jenna said...

You already know that I LOVE your first quilt. The color comb would be a great palatte to make a log cabin quilt from. You are lucky for getting that gift, don't forget about your other fiber arts though!

kathy said...

I just started quilting last year. After sewing all my life I couldn't believe it took me so long to try it so I know exactly what you mean. I've made some very fun things out of Denyse's book. Have fun!

Lolly said...

Ah! How cool to have an autographed copy! My copy is not autographed, but my name is not Denise (or Denyse) so I guess I don't deserve it! Why are there no famous crafters with Lauren (or Lolly!) as a name? :)
I love her work. and I can't wait to see yours ;)