Friday, June 30, 2006

when it rains it pours ....

more goodies in the mail!


i have been seriously showered with gifts lately! all i can say is thank you !

i have made one quilt, thus far, in my lifetime. it took me 8 years. most of that time it was stashed in a bag. when i decided to finish it, it went so quickly. i could had kicked myself for putting it off for so long.

i have been tinkering with the idea of making another quilt. what first got me the bug was checking out all the pretty things that jan over at be*mused has been piecing.

and during one of my & corbett's virtual long distance conversations, we got to talking about denyse schmidt. her book has been on my amazon wish list for some time now. and wouldn't you know, that i got a box today with her book (and it's autographed !!!)(it says, "to denise from denyse" !) and a fat bag of scraps! WHOOO HOOOO !

OH! what to make first?! there are lots of smaller projects included in the book, such as coasters, an oven mitt, and some super cute slippers. i want to make something with the scraps first. i think i need to spend my weekend in my sewing room .....

thank you corbett ! thank you denyse !

2 comments:

Jenna said...

You already know that I LOVE your first quilt. The color comb would be a great palatte to make a log cabin quilt from. You are lucky for getting that gift, don't forget about your other fiber arts though!

Anonymous said...

I just started quilting last year. After sewing all my life I couldn't believe it took me so long to try it so I know exactly what you mean. I've made some very fun things out of Denyse's book. Have fun!