the mate sat patiently waiting for the toe for about three or four days. i needed to feel some sort of accomplishment, so i finally took the time to knit the toe, and thus have a completed pair of monkeys.
mind you, there are still lots of little socken orphans running around here. and i will have to decide who's next ... and resist the urge to cast on for something new.
but, i will cast on something new. i changed my mind again and decided that i am going to knit bristow. i even swatched!
i'm using addi turbo size 7 circs for a gauge of 5 sts/inch. the pattern has a gauge of 4.75 sts/inch. but, the pattern is also in increments of 4" and i'm shooting for a finished 38" ... thus the modification.
i was set on wicked until stacey got me thinking again with the comment she left in my last post.
and swatching the cable sealed the deal ... though the pattern won't be as obvious as in rebekkah's version, i still think i will be lovely in light black.
these pot holders were crocheted by my friend debalicious. she gave me the pattern about a week ago, but i hadn't made the time to crank one out. these are certainly inspiration to break out the hook! the instructions for making these double thick pot holders is similar to this pattern i found on the net.