Monday, April 17, 2006

round and round i go ....

circular crochet rug

please forgive the small picture, as i'm at my mom's and her computer doesn't have the same programs i like to use for my pictures. aside from that, hey, that looks like the beginnings of a crochet rug! my 10mm hook looks larger than my 9" rug. i bought several 5/8 yd pieces of this handdyed batik cotton from indonesia. i had stopped in at mary jo's in gastonia on my way here. i don't know how far i will get with this, as i'd like to make a decent sized rug, but i don't want to spend too much money on this project, and crochet eats up the strips rather quickly.

dragonflies

i also made some quicky stitch markers yesterday. it doesn't get any more basic that this, with purchased toggles and charms, connected with a jumpring. i also made some earrings, but these were a bit more complex.
i'm also making great progress with my chikcami ... it's almost finished! and sock #2 of the pinky stripes is nearing the toe :)

2 comments:

Lolly said...

You are just a project princess! So many lovely things going on ;) Can't wait to see more of that rug and your finished tank. I know it will be great!

Best wishes,
Lolly

Dipsy said...

Wow, your crochet rug looks so funky already, love the colors and the yarn you chose for it! And your stitch markers absolutely rule, they're so gorgeous - you're a true artist!