Sunday, October 09, 2005

problematic knitter

to quote linus , ... "Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest." yes, that's me too, only in the realm of knitting. it's my sock. or my yarn that wants to be a sock. i've tried three different cast on's, and just don't like any of them. i'm actually contemplating toe up ! i've often avoided it because it seems a crap shoot as to whether the fit is good, depending on where you "guess" the heel should be. grrrr. all i want to do is knit !

false start sock


but, my other "no brainer" knitting project is on hold too. i had first cast on 100 stitches for my boucle wrap, and decided after about 4" of knitting that it was going to be too long. so, rip rip rip. now i have 80 sts., and after some math last night, determined that my finished wrap would only be 43" long. i'm not ready to rip now though, because it is boucle mohair. it ripped fine the first time, and will this next time, but i'm not in the mood for ripping right now.

mixing bowl


the black thing ontop of the mohair wrappy wrap is a tuck/lace wrap i knitted for mom almost two years ago. see, i don't really enjoy blocking, so, it's been in a heap ever since. but, i am going to block it before my visit is over. it is a machine knit, and the short ends are finished with beads & crochet.

see, pictures make me look productive, though, i'm really not at the moment

No comments: