Thursday, October 13, 2005

scarves on the brain

the weather has turned pleasantly cooler, which has me thinking about scarves .... i've seen some really pretty ones online lately, such as passioknit's beautiful lace leaf scarf (design #35) from VK SS'05, or sweet georgia's backyard leaves scarf from _scarf style_.

so, i started digging through my stash, and found something that would be luxury scarf knitting ... 5 balls of filatura di crosa's empire. it's 70% wool and 30% silk, and has a very nice twist, looking a lot like karabella's aurora 8. see ...

filatura di crosa 'empire'

backyard leaves scarf


i'm free to start this anytime, as this is stash yarn ! of course, it won't make very good knit night knitting, as the chart for the design appears complex, and i manage to mess up garter st. on knitting night.

maybe i will work on the toe up sock, or my other scarf ....

2 comments:

scarlet said...

Take it from me, the leaves pattern is not for casual knitting, even after you memorize the chart. I'm hoping to work more on mine tonight, since the movie I rented is not subtitled.

Anonymous said...

I love this patter and can't wait to see how yours turns out!